April 27, 2012

Review: Deadly Little Secret (Touch #1) by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Summary-
Until three months ago, everything about sixteen-year-old Camelia's life had been fairly ordinary: decent grades; an okay relationship with her parents; and a pretty cool part-time job at an art studio downtown. But when Ben, the mysterious new guy, starts junior year at her high school, Camelia's life becomes far from ordinary.
Rumored to be somehow responsible for his ex-girlfriend's accidental death, Ben is immediately ostracized by everyone on campus. Except for Camelia. She's reluctant to believe he's trouble, even when her friends try to convince her otherwise. Instead she's inexplicably drawn to Ben...and to his touch. But soon, Camelia is receiving eerie phone calls and strange packages with threatening notes. Ben insists she is in danger, and that he can help – but can he be trusted? She knows he's hiding something...but he's not the only one with a secret.
"A boy to admire from afar, a girl you want to befriend, a novel to
keep you turning the pages because you won't know who to trust. Laurie Faria Stolarz's DEADLY LITTLE SECRET is a blend of mystery, chills, and forbidden touches--one captivating story you have to experience." - Kelly Parra, author of INVISIBLE TOUCH.

Review-
This was a very interesting book. I really got into this mystery... not a ʺwho done itʺ but a who will do itʺ. I particularly like the way the author keeps you guessing right up to the final chapter. The storyline is well planned and executed. Every time I thought I knew exactly who the bad guy was, the story would take a turn and leave me guessing all over again. No one is left off the list of suspects. The personality of the main character adds a considerable amount of body to the whole story. The ending did not go as I had expected it would. Then again, neither did the entire story. I guess you could say the author remained true to form on that point. Hopefully, the next book will tie up the few loose ends. We shall see.... I hope you enjoy this book as much as I have.

Publisher-Hyperion
Reviewer Rating: 4 Stars
Reviewed by~Mechele
~Thank you to the author for the donation of this series to the Read for your Future book program!~




 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I saw this in my local bookshop the other day, I was intrigued by the sound of it but wasn't sure whether it was worth buying or not... however after reading your review, I think I would enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)