November 5, 2011

Interview: Kendare Blake author of Anna dressed in blood

We are soooo excited to have Kendare Blake with us today. She is the author of Anna dressed in blood. Read our review HERE. We are excited about her book as well and can hardly wait for book 2. If you havent  read a good ghost story. Then pick up this one NOW. Kendrae was nice enough to donate her book to our program "Read for your future" Thanks Kendare. Without further ADO here is our interview with Kendare Blake:

1. How did you come up with the concept for this book?

It just sort of showed up one day. I wanted scary. And then the name Anna Dressed in Blood popped up, and I thought, well, that is one angry dead girl.

2.How did you come up with the names for the characters?
Cas' name was made up just like he describes in the book. I went a little greek and a little Shakespearean. Carmel was a steal from a book I read when I was younger, and even then I thought, "weird. Who names a chick 'Carmel'." She was a disgusting character, too, and since I wasn't quite sure how my Carmel would end up, I used it. Thomas just seemed nice and normal.


3.How much are you and the characters alike?
Not very. I've never killed a ghost, for instance, or even gone ghost hunting. But I have traveled around a lot. And of course, Cas and I share a sense of humor.

4.Do you read a lot and what are you reading now?
I read a ton. Right now I'm working on the Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin. In the to be read pile is A Need so Beautiful by Suzanne Young, The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab, and The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton. Also, Article 5 by Kristen Simmons. I meant to get to all of these sooner. But Martin hijacked my world.


5. What made you decide to go ghosts?
It wasn't a conscious choice over other things. Anna was just dead. That's just how it was. Also, I don't write about zombies. Yikes. Zombies.


6. How did the cover come about?
My editor, Mel Frain,had the concept idea, and the art director and artist did an amazing job! Though they did go through a few different versions of how Anna's hair looked. Had they decided on one of the earlier ones, you'd be looking at Anna from Pokemon's Team Rocket.


7. So what is your next project and when is it due out?
GIRL OF NIGHTMARES is due out next summer. It's the rest of Cas and Anna's story,and I hope you read and enjoy it!


8. Do you have a daytime job or are you a full time writer?
I'm pretty much a full time writer. I have a part time job that gets me out of the house a bit. It doesn't require a lot from me.


9. How did you get into writing novels and were you worried about peoples reactions to your books?
I've been writing in some form since I was about 12. It's always nerve-wracking when someone reads your stuff. I think it always will be.

10. One last thing do you collect anything personally?
Besides books? Not really. I tend to take a lot of photos of friends and such. I suppose I "collect" a lot of chocolate. Does that count?


Thanks Kendare for stopping by our blog and letting us get to know you and your book a little better.
You can find more of Kendare Here:
Kendare on Goodreads
Kendare on her site
Kendare on Twitter
Kendare on Facebook

You can find Anna dressed in blood here:
Amazon
B&N
Book Depository
Indibound

2 comments:

  1. Haha I loved this interview. Kendare sounds like a fun gal. And her book was fantastic! :)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like a good book :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)