August 31, 2011

Review: The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker (Strangely Beautiful #1)

Summary-
What fortune awaited sweet, timid Percy Parker at Athens Academy? Hidden in the dark heart of Victorian London, the Romanesque school was dreadfully imposing, a veritable fortress, and little could Percy guess what lay inside. She had never met its powerful and mysterious Professor Alexi Rychman, knew nothing of the growing shadows, of the Ripper and other supernatural terrors against which his coterie stood guard. She saw simply that she was different, haunted, with her snow white hair, pearlescent skin and uncanny gift. This arched stone doorway was a portal to a new life, to an education far from what could be had at a convent- and it was an invitation to an intimate yet dangerous dance at the threshold of life and death.

Review-
  At first I could not get a good vibe on this book. As the story unfolds it gets more enchanting. By the end of the book I was engrossed in it. So much so, I went straight into the sequel. Although the main characters are so very different they have a common thread. Each one is full of gusto in their own way. They compliment each other tremendously. At first it is hard to imagine them as such a close band of friends. At the end it is hard to imagine them without one another. I found that this book truly is a Beautifully Strange tale. Full of myth and magic. A very good read.


Publisher-Leisure Books

My Score: 4.5 Stars-Great Book
Reviewed by~Mechele
~Thank you to the author for this book~


1 comment:

  1. I also quite recently read this one. Like you, I enjoyed it - up until Percy has a complete character 180 towards the end. That annoyed me because she'd been so strong up until then.

    Other than that, the only thing that bugged me was the French. I'm not sure there was even one sentence that went above one word without a spelling or grammar mistake. >.<

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)